Wednesday, January 22, 2014

About Me... In The Middle

Have you ever been left right in the middle?  That’s where my politics fall; in the middle.  The middle isn’t as lonely as you might think.  It’s where the real numbers are, if not the real power.  For me, politics is defined by breaking down the word: “poly” = many; and “tics” = blood-sucking insects.

The Constitution guides my political views.  I believe you have the right to burn the American Flag, and I have the right to call you a moron for doing so.  I do not favor limiting speech, including religious speech.  I believe in the right to bear arms, but not access to military assault weapons.  I believe the government is out of bounds on domestic surveillance and privacy intrusions.  I believe Voter ID laws disenfranchise citizens, but requiring proof of healthcare coverage is nullifying this point. I believe the Constitution protects all citizens, including the unborn ones.  I don’t care who you love or marry, as long as I’m not taxed to pay for it.  The government has no business in women’s private healthcare, including paying for any of it.  And, any discussion of paying a fair share should start with EVERYONE paying their fair share.

No comments: